Federal Income Tax, Married Filing Separately head of household

| Author: | Posted in Taxes

Federal Income Tax, Married Filing Separately

Your filing status is usually determined by whether or not you are married. If you are married then you have the option file a couple of different ways. You may either file jointly, separately, or as head of household.

Married Filing Separately

According to the IRS you are married as long as it is a legal union according to the law. If you want to be responsible for your own tax return and you are married then you may choose to file separately.

You will be required to report your income, deductions, credits, and any exemptions. You may claim your spouse as an exemption if they did not have any income. To file separately you will need to use Form 1040 or 1040A. You will then enter your filing status on line 3.

Related Links


This author has published 647 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.

Leave a Reply

Before you post, please prove you are sentient.

what is 6 in addition to 2?